Friday 23 January 2015

Much Ado About Nothing

      I've lived a little, I've laughed a little, I've loved a little, I've learned. I can't quantify how much I've learnt because learning is infinite so here goes nothing....you can stop now because I'm about to be really boring. 
    1.  I've learnt that it's important to have people on your side that you can trust unconditionally.
2. I've learnt to be forgiving of myself and others, to say please and thank you.
3. I've learnt that it's important to have a goal and it's also super important to work towards it and review it.
4. I've learnt that it helps to think carefully and write down your views about life issues and change them only after deep reflection.
5. I've learnt that family is everything you need to survive in this world. I've learnt that family will always stand by you no matter what. I've learnt that family can also include friends.
6. I've learnt that the power of friendship is wonderful and I dare say that the best type of angels come in the form of friends.
7. I've learnt that there is a time for everything and life doesn't need to be rushed. Everything will come in due time or in due time, you can go for everything.
8. I've learnt that I can never doubt my mum's love for me.
9. I've learnt that no one should make your decisions for you. You should make your own decisions and stick to them.
10. I've learnt that standing up for your convictions no matter how difficult is necessary.
11. I've learnt that everyone needs some guiding principles - be they the ten commandments from the Bible or Quran or wherever, just something you should try to live by.
12. I've learnt that you can stand up for yourself and choose to not be side-lined, this is perfectly okay.
13. I've learnt that you should not be saddled with insecurities especially about things you cannot change.
14. I've learnt about the good, the bad and the ugly....that life is especially  beautiful when you care about others.
15. I've learnt that surely we harbour happiness within us, sometimes we only need to just unlock it and let it gush out.
16. I've learnt that it's okay to ask for help, that doesn't make you any less of a person.
17. I've learnt that sometimes we may fail or fall but we got to get up and keep moving forward, the stream of life is ever flowing and we can't afford to be stagnant.
18. I've learnt the art of fearlessness in the pursuit of all that I want because I (we) can do just about whatever.
19. I've learnt that all human beings are equal and we should never look down on anyone, never.
20. I've learnt that it's important to appreciate good music, they are kola nuts for the soul.
21. I've learnt that having a good relationship with your parents will help you in the long run.
22. I've learnt that it's okay to be alone at times.
23. I've learnt that people should not always be taken at face value - trust is something that should be earned.
24. I've learnt that it doesn't hurt to say "I'm sorry" no matter how difficult.
25. I've learnt that life should be taken with a smattering of sugar alongside salt, the fun and sensible can go hand in hand.
26. I've learnt about laughing hard until you want to cry. I've learnt that wherever there is laughter, there is a cornucopia of joy and you don't have to take life too seriously.
27. I've learnt to sing my favourite songs at the top of my lungs. Life is not long enough to worry about if you sound like a frog.
28. I've learnt that I can be comfortable in my own skin.
29. I've learnt to shut up and listen to others irrespective of how wonderful my voice is :)
30. I've learnt that unlearning a lot of things is a constant process. I've learnt that I'm going to have to keep on learning.

PS: Life is short, wear your highest heels and enjoy every moment or at least try to.
For some reason, before an important birthday I wanted to share my thoughts on the little I've learnt simply by virtue of being a human being.

2 Comments:

At 24 January 2015 at 13:36 , Blogger the-dod said...

splendid article!!!

15,16,17 spoke to me....22's still speaking.

 
At 27 January 2015 at 14:01 , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad they spoke to you, more than one sef :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home